Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mexico Mission Trip

We have had the amazing privilege to be going to Mexico with our church NEW LIFE BIBLE FELLOWSHIP for almost a year now.

Christopher greatly enjoys going to see his friends, play soccer, make crafts, and just have fun.

Alexis does really well just being involved in all the activities of the day and does really well travelling and meeting all the different kids and adults.

Jason wasnt able to come today because he had to work and our normal leaders were not able to come because they had a family birthday party.

I drove the team down. It went smoothly. It was really a good chance for me to get a different perspective on a trip I have been taking a lot now.

It was great to LEAD a team. I really wasnt a leader, a driver maybe, but mostly it was really good to as a leader consider each person on the team and see them work and serve so beautifully.

We had such an amazing group of people. I was in awe of each one of them and how God had specifically chose each one of them for this particular day. A mom and daughter was helping all the girls and guys learn to sew. There wasnt much talking going on due to some language barrier but it didnt matter because there were abundant smiles and laughs....and it reminded me of two best friend sitting on a porch swing drinking sweet tea watching the sun set....no one needed to speak...it was enjoyable to all...just because of the other persons presence.

I saw deep into the heart of a pastor who not only loves his 20 kids but has a deep desire to see his whole community of 10000 saved.

I saw a church, bare bones, but sitting high on a hill side like a bright light ready to emit the beautiful life changing message of the love of Christ

I met a pastor called to IMURIS by God to pray over the city and bring full revival. I saw a man with a dream to preach the gospel and saw his heart to help people and young kids.

I saw two men, silver in their hair, giving up their day to take measurements of buildings. Not with the motivation to repair building, but renovate lives with the gospel......to give people a sacred place to call their home, church, community center.

I saw two boys playing soccer with all the other orphanage like brothers or best friends......with different languanges, different shades of skin color...not of this matter....for these young boys were playing together because they enjoy the others company, had a mutual love for the game, and were brought together miraculously by God.

I saw a young woman, first time in Mexico, not only see with her eyes but feel deep within her heart the plight of others.....fatherless, homeless, poor individuals...and her heart desiring to do something great with this new information....and she will do GREAT THINGS.......for her heart is their heart and she leaves her heart in Mexico when she goes..............

All these things and many many more.....BLESSINGS....I am in awe of God and humbled that he lets us be a part of HIS WORK , HIS MASTERPIECE.....

This was a great day Lord thank you.
Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment