3 “You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
4 “You’re blessed when you feel you’ve lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
5 “You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought.
6 “You’re blessed when you’ve worked up a good appetite for God. He’s food and drink in the best meal you’ll ever eat.
7 “You’re blessed when you care. At the moment of being ‘care-full,’ you find yourselves cared for.
8 “You’re blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.
9 “You’re blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That’s when you discover who you really are, and your place in God’s family.
From the Message Bible Matthew 5:3-9
Christopher and I read this passage during devotional time today. I asked him to choose one and tell me what he though about it.
He liked verse 8. He said that you have to have your heart open to God in order to be HAPPY in this world. I added that also God wants us to see the WORLD through His eyes and in order to do that we have to have our heart right, meaning be in good relationship with Jesus, so that we can see the good in people.
Christopher said YES LIKE MISS KAY AND PHIL ROBERTSON.
Christopher is reading the HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY autobiography by DUCK DYNASTY's PATRIARCH Phil Robertson.
It is the TRUE story of his life. He got married very young in life to Miss Kay. He was very talented in football. He could have been pro. He became and teacher and coach for awhile. But life did go south for awhile and it greatly effected his wife and young boys.
He hit rock bottom ( I will let you read the story yourself)
And he brought his family with him. He was cruel to Miss Kay.
She sought the LORD. She met with a Pastor who encouraged her to own her faith. She left his office a CHRISTIAN. Phil was still a mess but she now had the faith to get through it.
That is what we all need. We all need to OWN our faith. When we have stong faith we can endure so much.
Christopher and I discussed this. He said it very well,when my parents are gone or I get older, I have to have a faith in Jesus on my own. I have to have HIM in my heart. He has to be real to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christopher and Alexis, I pray this is true someday for both of you. I see your faith growing Christopher and I pray it continues.
We will all endure hard things in life either brought on by ourselves or others, we have to STAND on something or else we will all succumb to destruction of heart and soul. That ROCK that you choose to stand on, make it the SOLID ROCK of JESUS CHRIST.
he is your savior.
FORGET all the rules of Christianity.....they are easy....once you have faith knowing the creator of the universe loves you, wants and seeks relationship with you...will always be with you .....
As we grow in our faith we can see the WORLD through His beautiful eyes, not our jaded, sinful, broken lenses.
AMEN AND AMEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment