Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year!!!!

As a new year begins, I want to lift up a prayer for my beautiful family. God has abundantly blessed me with 2 great kids and a longsuffering husband.

I am slowly trying to teach Alexis about the LORD. I think the way a 2 year old learns about the LORD is by her parents actions towards her. I want to POUR love on her. When she cries, I want to scoop her up and flood her with kisses and hugs and make her heart feel safe and loved. When she is happy, I want to share in her joy.

I have been reciting a prayer with her at bedtime.
Lord Jesus, thank you for this day with my beautiful daughter. Keep her healthy.. Thank you for her smiles and her kisses. Lord help me and her dad love you and each other so much that she knows you and knows love. Thank you for her brother. Make her strong and healthly. Thank you for the blessing of another day with our precious angel. Keep her good dreams and peace in her heart and mind. AMEN.

She loves prayer time at meal time.

Christopher and I love our devotion time together. I love this season of life. He is really starting to dig into his faith and ask some great questions. Today he asked me WHAT LANGUAGE does GOD SPEAK? We also were talking about what the BIBLE is like......the BIBLE is like a FLASHLIGHT WHEN YOU ARE LOST IN THE WOODS? (i think there is a verse about that christopher, psalm 119)

Christopher is putting the WORD in his heart and its cool to see him learn scripture. He will be heading to LAS VEGAS at the end of the month to compete with his BIBLE QUIZZING team at ORO VALLEY NAZARENE CHURCH. We are so proud of him and his efforts.


Here are some of our prayers for the new year:

1. Help us as a married couple to be solid and faithful to each other spiritually. We need to uplift the other in a spiritual manner more. We need to continue to build our friendship and love around the amazing GOD who brought us together in the first place.
2, We need to find quality moments with our kids individually to build solid relationships. They are getting so old and growing up TOO fast. We want to create special moments with each child individually so they feel loved by us and know its from a GREAT SOURCE>
3. For Alexis to begin to grasp an understanding of who Jesus is and HIS STORY.
4. For Christopher and his missionary calling that we can support his calling.
5. To build better relationships with extended family so that our kids grow up knowing that they have TONS of people that love them and support them.
6. Continue as a family to serve GOD, the church, his people, and the lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment