Jason started working at Gap Ministries again. He is helping to do night outs for the houseparents that faithfully serve and work with the kids. Christopher Alexis and I joined him today.
I want to first lift up a prayer....when I was in foster care I coveted those times when I got to go on visits with my family because they were few so they were precious. I never had to worry about not getting to have my visit because of funding of the government and my caseworkers. But that is the economic climate of today......many children are not getting their precious visits with their families because state cannot afford to pay the state employees to supervise visits or transport. I pray that children will not be affected negatively because of this situation.
So the kids and I decided to visit at one of the Splash houses and help with homework time. The kids were precious. Yes there was a few meltdowns but mostly they were just sweet children trying their best to do their homework.
Christopher jumped in and helped some of the kids too with their homework. He has such a gently heart and a special love for people. Please continue to work on his heart Lord.
One girl that I was able to help work with was so proud when she finished her homework....she has such pride in what she had done.
I really try to speak words of encouragement into their lives. You are smart. You are beautiful. You are loved. You have great value. That is the message I want these children to embrace in their hearts.
I pray for many more wonderful nights out......It was a God moment......and a great time with family.....The arms of love of God encloses on all of us and we are all family in his eyes. Thank you God for opening our hearts to the needs of these children and the blessing of letting us work and love them as we can.
Much Love, Mommy Krissy
No comments:
Post a Comment