Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Devotional Time and Building Houses in Mexico

We just got back from spending four days in Puerto Penasco building houses with 1 Mission with our Tucson church family Pantano Church. Christopher told me today "it was so nice being able to spend four days together and be together at every meal." I agree. Christopher met and befriended a wonderful man name Pascual. I will post a picture later if I am able. Jason and Christopher participated in building a house for a 79 year old man named Antonio Estrada Ochoa. He had a cataract in one eye. He was an amazingly spirited man. He had the energy of a 20 year old. He was so gracious too. He earned his home by working in a ministry called 2 FISH serving people food in his community.  We got to serve and work with lots of children too. We made bracelets, necklaces, arts and crafts. The women got their nails done. I got to meet a wondeful group of women and serve with them on the LOS NINOS team too. WE also met a great couple who drove us Jim and Marta. Another couple let us stay in their pop up when the weather went crazy Tony and Arlene.
Tonight Christopher and I had our devotional time. Our conversations about God are always so inspiring to me. We talked about the 39 lashes that Jesus received, who the oldest people were in the Bible, how much God loves us (while we were yet sinners),talked about the Trinity, and the Cat o Nine tails and the Passion of the Christ( his journey to the cross). I know that God has something so incredible for Christopher. I see how he lights up when we talk about God and has a heart to share love to others. He is so special and I pray God that you will help me as his mother to direct him to the path that you have for him.
I will post pictures later........................
With all my Love Lord, Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment