Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mexico and Christophers skit

As a family we have been so blessed to serve in Mexico with NEW LIFE BIBLE FELLOWSHIP over the past year monthly in Imuris at Kid's Kingdom.

This past month Christopher really wanted to do something. He was going to do a skit but at the last minute he got a little shy about doing it and he wanted to do a skit with me. So we found some Spanish Christian Music and prayerfully came up with a meaningful skit.

The story was basically a mom sharing the gospel with her son. He was wearing a black shirt. He was lost in sin and lost in general. His mom begins to read the WORD and it is revealed to her that there is a redemptive story. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. The son changes his shirt to a red shirt. But the story is not over. The mom discovers the Bible verse John 3:16. They both realize that they are sinners, they realize Jesus came to die for them, and they realize that they can be made new and white as snow. The son jumps up in excitement and he removes that red shirt and there he stands with a big heart in the middle of his chest with a white shirt on. I hope the symbolism is evident.

Christopher ministering to his brothers and sisters in Mexico amazed me. During our devotional time tonight, we talked about what it means to put Jesus first in your life...I asked him to tell me what that looks like....He responded quickly...Putting Jesus first means, doing what he did, and serve others, like we do in Mexico....except it doesnt feel like serving....they are just all my friends and I love seeing them. I LOVE THIS BOY! CANT WAIT TO SEE as GOD UNFOLDS his future ministry and calling. amen! K.

I am so thankful to be a mom. I have the best kids. I have so much to be thankful for. Jason and I are so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment