I am so much enjoying watching Alexis grow. She is started to babble and say some words. She says a whole stream of sounds and know perfectly what she is trying to express with exclamations points on both ends. Her gorgeous smile is beautiful and makes me happy.
I cant wait to teach her more and more everyday about everything. She is just such a beautiful creation of God.
Christopher and what he says is my weekly sermon.....I adore the personal application God to his daily life.
Let me share a quick story:
So the other night we were planning a family fun night and a lot of times when we are going to do something fun, we as parents ask Christopher to do something like a chore before the fun starts. I cant remember that day what exactly we ask Christopher to do...but as happens a lot with a very energetic distractable minded (I think he secretly a genius and solving the world problems and coming up with the cure for cancer..because he gets lost in his thoughts sometimes)..anyway(I know I would fail English for this run on sentence)....whatever it was it didnt get done.
I as a parent as trying to do better about follow through.....oh wait I remember the fun thing we were going to do was going to let him stay up WAY past his bed time....I had talked to him about it....and then dad had talked to him about at seperate times....I PROMISE THIS STORY will have a point...anyways...I was disappointed he didnt do what he was supposed to but I have to stick to my word as a parent or maybe he wont learn that when I ask him to do something he is expected to do it.....and take responsibility...
So when we got home, and he didnt do what was asked.....I told him I was very sad...because him and I had had some very sincere words regarding this situation....and that I was sorry but I could not let him stay up and have fun....
The only thing I told him was that he would have to talk to dad about letting his stay up...
I told him....if dad lets you stay up...do you know what that is called......he said no...I said Your DAD will be extending grace to you...do you know the word grace? He said yes. Youve heard that word in your bible memory verses right??I said GRACE is getting something we get when we dont deserve it....so if dad lets you stay up....you know you dont deserve it because part of our agreement was that you do what youre asked to do...so you can be rewarded with a late bed time and fun night....he agreed.
So he got ready for bed and then asked dad (because his dad said he needed a minute to decide before making a decision)
Jason, his dad, said.....Christopher so should I be nice to you and let you stay up....he said its not being nice...its being graceful, he said to his dad....(he got the lesson I was trying to teach him)
By the way, his dad did extend grace and he was able to stay up and have fun...
Then later the next week, I was having him help me memorize a verse...because he is so good at it and I am not....
The verse had the word....grace in it....talking about Jesus dying on the cross for us and being raised again.....he said something pertaining to Jesus died for us even though we didnt deserve it or earn it....which is grace...like dad the other night....again lessoned learned.
I appreciate that Christopher applies the Word of God to his life and really understand the priniciples of Christianity...like GRACE....
Grace is unmerited unearned FAVOR with God.......it is a great lesson to learn....We get something...eternal life.....which we could never earn...or be good enough to get to on our own...christopher understands this to some degree since he learned it and saw it happen in his own life with his daddy....jason let him stay up when we didnt earn that privelege...but because jason loves him...and wanted him to have a good time...he blessed him with that reward.....
I hope that Christopher continues to learn more about HIS God everyday and that he become more and more ALIVE To him....God has amazing plans for him....I see him as missionary, pastor, inventor, scientist.....mathematician....great dad and husband....doing all these things for Gods glory.....Amen
More later.....
No comments:
Post a Comment